Arugula greens have a nice peppery taste that is a welcome change to the old hum drum spring mix. They work great with the sweet of the balsamic glaze and marcona almonds in this recipe. Marcona almonds are a rare treat since they are a tad bit more expensive but well worth it! They have a unique creamy taste that is different than traditional almonds!
- Cooked cold freekeh (follow package instructions for cooking) (cooked in vegetable broth)
- Arugula greens
- Fresh ripe figs, quartered, skins on
- Marcona almonds
- Good quality goat cheese ( I used plain but have used honey goat cheese too)
- Balsamic glaze (not vinegar)
- A little fresh cracked pepper and sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- Simply toss the above ingredients together and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Serve room temperature or chilled.